Sunday, January 6, 2008

i love the new year!




New Years 2003-ER in Yuma with Ethan having an asthma attack
New Years 2005-Stomach flu in the dunes (no one will eat spaghetti when we camp to this day.)
New Years 2006-Chicken Pox Garrett and Wade.
New Years 2008-Strep Throat everyone...one by one...all vacation long.

I have decided that this is nature's way of making sure we don't get too comfortable with where we're at and remind us not to be superstitious! I am reminded that no what the new year inevitably brings, it can't be worse that the day the year started. I love being kept humble :-)

Christmas has come and gone and with it I hope to have gained a renewed determination to actually maintain and use this blog. Thank you so much the few of you that have visited already. I have to say I love hearing from you and appreciated the comments. I also loved hearing from everyone with their Christmas letters and hearing what everyone is up to.

School starts again tomorrow. We haven't even done anything fun with the sickness and all. I have decided that one day in the next couple of weeks I am going to pull them all out of school and we are going to play hooky and do something fun-the zoo, science center, whatever. I am going to miss have them all around and I am going to miss the absolute lack of schedule. Nothing makes me happier than not having to be somewhere at a particular time.

I will post a couple pictures of the ridiculous bump that was mentioned in my letter-it deserves the public recognition since he still has black eyes from it.

Will write again soon!

9 comments:

  1. Poor guy. What happened? Sickness is always in our home almost every holiday. Feelin your pain. The kids are getting so big..Adios

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...so John made me ferret out your Christmas letter to refresh our memories (hey, we're getting old) about "the bump." Yikes! We're so excited to read your blog. Hope you're all feeling better. If you ever get bored (HAHAHAHAHAHA) you should come visit the new puppy. The boys would LOVE Thayer's pet scorpion, too... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I hope that all is better at your home and I know with all thoes boys that you have got to have good stuff to put on here! So i need more photos! See ya soon! Apes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Melinda, I just stumbled onto your blog. WOW, you do keep it up well.. HAHA.. I do hope to peek into your life every once in a while. Take care, Tammi Auayfuay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot get over how much your family reminds me of my sister's. Especially that picture of your boys in their ties. And they are no strangers to the black eye either. We miss the sun valley warders and wish that we were at least inthe same building. We loved the fun run, too bad there weren't more people there. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where are you...need more pics and update on family....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where are you...need more pics and update on family....

    ReplyDelete
  8. where are you...we can't take you to mexico until you start blogging

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey we don't seem to be getting the updates. Is it our computer or your5 kids and a busy life?

    ReplyDelete