Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Boys don't shoe shop!

I fear this blog may turn into all the reasons why a girls would have been so much fun for me! I remember when I found out that Ethan was going to be a boy, I went into a bit of a funk...since I thought he was going the be the last and I was going to have all boys (by the time I was pregnant with Wade, I had completely given up hope!). Anyway, I was whining to Jesse about how he couldn't possibly understand since he would always have someone around who would want to wrestle and be dirty and feed rodents to reptiles with him but I would never have anyone who would want to go shoe shopping with me. I was right...


This is how ridiculous they are. Jesse and I were out driving to look at some land when Jesse spotted this snake in the road. He yelled for me to stop the car and turn around (and I have asked myself a hundred times since why I listened!). The snake angrily coiled and started striking at Jesse when he got out of the car so, the next OBVIOUS act would be to catch it, right?! He told me to watch the snake while he found a stick. I in turn looked at him in disgust and said...really...not gonna happen. So I got assigned stick hunting duty instead.

Jesse caught the snake, curled it around his arm, and said let's go. Until that point, I had not fully realized that is was going to travel with us not only to still go look at the land, but back home. Does everyone agree that I am a fairly awesome wife and mother at this point?

We got the snake home and turn-taking to hold said angry snake ensued. I was pretty sure the fun was going to end here. I was mistaken. The snake was then put on the ground, and bothered to get all angry again so Garrett and Cole could each take a turn learning how to catch an angry snake. No joke! I wouldn't make this up! This, apparently, is fun to the male population!


Here's how the next conversation went:

Me: (slightly panicked and worried-like) Oh My Gosh! They are going to get bit! What happens if they get bit?!

Jesse: (in a semi-disgusted tone) Well, then I guess they will have one hole on the top of their hand...and one on the bottom.

Sigh...I'm going to look for shoes.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I would be freaking out. I do NOT do snakes...or reptiles...or any of those nasty things. It's good to see that you have a blog. I'll see you at volleyball. :)
    Rae Lynn
    durham2000.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to see that you have put some very rare "Free" time into blogging for the rest us. Your life IS so amazing and how you do it is amazing to me. You rock!

    Richelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man what a good laugh! I can totally relate with my boys. That is SO how it is! And we are just expected to go along with all the repulsive things they want to catch/ torture. Aghhhhh!! So when are we going to do lunch? Let's shoot for next week! Email me: pearcefam5@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha!! those boys crack me up. well if you need a girl to hang out with and go shoe shopping. you may borrow sadie. she loves shopping already. well im excited to see how our family pictures turn out on sunday. love ya. see you then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW..you are an awsome mom...Me, no way...Could't handle the snake..When do we head to Mexico?
    luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crikey! Get a look at that little beauty! (Sorry, I still have a little thing for the Crocodile Hunter, although I do stop short at actually MAKING the snakes mad. I prefer to charm them...) Well, rest assured that having girls doesn't ensure different behavior patterns. Jillian would be on the groung trying to kiss the snake...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious! I love your family. And like I've said too many times, you guys just remind me too much of my sister and her 5 boys who we never get to see. I love that the snake came home with you guys! Really?
    And I'm glad you're blogging more!

    ReplyDelete