Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Common ground...

http://positiverealestateprofessionals.com/files/2009/06/karma.jpg

I've been playing with this topic in my head for several months now...and it's another one of those topics that I was "scared" to post, and yet my words are mine and unpunishable. I am a little sad that my vehemence regarding this has waned in my procrastination, but it's probably for the best :-)

So, we have all these sayings or beliefs...karma, what goes around comes around, the punishment fits the crime, one day they will get what's coming to them, etc. and all of these are loosely based on both faith and forgiveness. The source of these beliefs are spiritual and non-spiritual, religious and non-religious, come from different parts of the country and ultimately fill our entire world in some form or another. The underlying message is largely felt by a large part of the human race and expressed in a variety of ways and means.

But what does it all mean? And is any of it valid at all, or merely something we say to make us feel better? And it's not all for "bad"...the same sayings are used to support the good that men do. That not only are bad deeds going to be punished...one day! But also the good will be rewarded...one day! Is it true? Do we just have to be patient and ultimately everything will be made "right"? And what's the point of continually believing in such when the fruits of that faith aren't always seen?

Random ramblings from a broken women, I know. For the record, I've seen amazing blessings come to those who truly deserved them and "earned" them and I have seen punishments received for those who committed the "crime". So why not now? How long must I wait? And here's my ultimate question about karma...if I gloat about a person getting what they had coming to them, do I then inherit bad karma from the sheer recognition (and subsequent enjoyment) of other's karmic consequences? Sigh...just the thought of it all is exhausting!

The bottom line is I do have faith...and I do believe that there are certain things that one cannot indefinitely charm himself out of...that there will be a consequence to HIM and not just to my left thigh, my neck, my jaw, my cell phone, the walls that were left with holes in them and the pictures shattered on the ground, and basically my soul. So I wonder, what did I do to deserve it? What was my karmic input that resulted in that outcome? And what will his be? There WILL have to be an outcome, right? I have to believe that there will be. And with that, I will just say....

what goes around, comes around, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment