Sunday, September 11, 2011

Smitten...

So here is some of the "here" that I mentioned. Or actually THE "here" that makes "here" worth all the yada yada yada.



LANGDON FENN



Pretty much the end of the story while also the beginning of all future stories. (As a side note, I am writing this and picturing a silly school girl batting her eyes and blushing and being all giddy and girly. Just sayin...)


I will admit that this is probably a shock to many as it comes as a surprise. I've spent a great portion of the last few years living my life and it's complications and/or complaints online. I've made almost every move and opinion a public announcement. Some of that was good...some not so good. I think that I had NOT shared so much for so long that I wanted to somehow make up for it. Everything I held back or hid or pretended didn't exist ended up being so detrimental that I went the other way. I held nothing back. As my mother says I was "painfully honest". If I was asked a question, then I would answer it. Plain and simple. But then came this :-) Unexpected in many, many ways. And there was something about it that wasn't meant to be announced online just yet. It was too personal...too meaningful. I wanted it to be just for me for a while.


Which brings us to the sum up to get you all to the here and now. I met Langdon online. Cliche, but true. C'est la vie. I will admit I spent some time online...never with the intention of actually MEETING anyone from there. It was an anonymous way to spend time without risk. Or so I thought! Turns out Langdon knew one of my best friend's husband. Which meant he was real. With a history. And a past that someone else knew at least something about. And also meant that when Langdon would come up to Surprise, he could stay at their house. I realize that I made some not so great choices in the past (to say the least!) so the first time he came to town, I paraded him from friend's house to friend's house to be "interviewed" by those that know and love me. Lucky for both of us, he passed!


That was several months ago. There has been a lot that has happened since then and a LOT of hours spent on the phone and in driving to and from Tucson for both of us. Yada yada yada...I love this man! So to go back to my ability to divuldge too much information, I adore him. He treats me like a queen and has never said an unkind word to me. We actually discuss differences and opinions and can listen to each other and respect each other. I can tell him anything and everything...and haven't gotten in trouble yet! I feel valued and appreciated and loved and cherished. I've never had that. There is honestly no one I would rather spend my time with and I would spend every moment with him if I could just figure out how!


So...we got hitched :-) August 20, 2011. I will leave a separate post regarding that event because the beauty of my friends and family and the meaningfulness of that evening deserves its own space. The result of which is...he is my husband. And I his wife. And I'm thrilled with that. I'm content. I feel at peace. I've never had either before. I no longer feel the need to "fight" my way through life. I don't feel like I constantly have to protect myself or defend myself. There is nothing to protect or defend when I am loved and accepted for who and what I am.


Grateful...humble...awe-stricken...devoted...content...peaceful...and SMITTEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment