Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Yada Yada Yada...

I guess I am getting to that age where certain references "date" me. Kind of like when I was still coaching in Tucson and Tiffany and I would comment to the divers that we didn't want them to be wimpy. Inevitably we would start reciting the chant from that Hefty garbage commercial..."Hefty! Hefty! Hefty!...wimpy, wimpy, wimpy!" Sounds better and has more effect with the voice changes, but then again, those of you old enough to know the commercial didn't need that prompting. The divers back then would look at us like we were nuts (as we rightly deserved) and the lost look on their faces was like unto that if we had been discussing Atari as if it were a modern invention. Which brings me to Seinfeld and the reference that basically sums up so much.

I think the facts speak for themselves...I'm not so good at blogging. But I suppose in this case, it worked to my benefit. There is so much I've left out and desparately wanted to record...and I will!!! Eventually. Meanwhile, there were things that happened that are perhaps better left unsaid. I find that I spend a decent amount of time wondering at any given moment the benefit or possible recourse of recording certain parts of my life. I spent a long time being "censored" and although I'm mostly over making excuses for myself or anyone else, I will admit that there are still things that give me pause.

So...there is A LOT I haven't written about. And I will!! About most of it. Or some of it. But for now I will say this...

I had a rough two years. I made not so great decisions mixed with some pretty awesome ones. All of them had consequences of one type or another. I cried, I laughed, I worried, I avoided, and I doubted. I doubted my foundation, my decisions, and ultimately myself. Which all leads me to...

YADA YADA YADA...and now I'm here! And "here" is just spectacular in so many ways. And "here" will be discussed in another post. Soon! I think. But until then, I'm somewhat grateful for what I yada'ed. The ultimate outcome is I learned a ton and I am now in so much of a better place than I ever imagined I could be in. My kids are amazing people and despite popular belief, I haven't ruined them at all :-) It's amazing what honestly and humility in the face of your kids acheives. I weathered the self-inflicted storm and now we are truly basking in the cleanliness and beauty that always is left when a storm moves on.

So wonder about the yada's if you must. Ask if you want. Criticize and mock if that suits your fancy. It is what it is...or was as the case may be. Regardless, it's worthy of my yada-ing.

No comments:

Post a Comment